We are seeking a talented Quality Engineer to join our team. This position offers a flexible schedule that will report to the General Manager.
Responsible for the launch and daily management of the processes, products, equipment, people and customers in regard to the quality management system and regulatory requirements.
Development and implementation of all quality related processes and documentation for new program development and current sustainment business.
- Direct involvement in manufacturing process development and continuous improvement as to meet or exceed the company’s quality metrics and process metrics for current and new business.
- Review, analysis, and resolution of customer/internal/supplier quality issues through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Development and implementation of preventative actions and continuous improvements within the manufacturing and quality areas.
- Control of the non-conformance area (inventory, disposition, and associated costs)
- Purchase, management and review of gage equipment, certifications and calibrations. Including programing CMM or other coordinate measurement equipment.
- Ensure the Gage calibration log is complete and up to date.
- Coordinate with the quality inspector for the daily inspection, measurement, test, and approval of all components, product, process and use of quality metrics to ensure quality targets are met.
- Communicate and coordinate with management, administrative, operations, quality, and engineering departments.
- Daily use of quality management system software and SPC systems.
- Participate in conducting supplier and internal system and process audits.
- Engineering bachelor’s degree, with technical and mathematical focus preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a quality department in an ISO registered environment
- High volume workload requires conscientious attitude with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience on: ISO 9001 (ISO 13485 a plus), . process capability and effect on processes, production, equipment, and assembly), problem solving methods (5Y, Fishbone, 8D, etc.), ability to be self-managed and directed from a satellite operation
- Six Sigma certifications a plus (green belt of higher)
- Proficient in with Microsoft office (outlook, excel, word, power point)
- Good communication skills (oral, written, technical)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Customer focus and continuous improvement approach.
- Experience with machining, fabrication, and assembly operations a plus
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and lift minimum 40 pounds.
- The position will require some travel (USA and Canada).