Location: Vaughan, ON
About us: Sterling Industries is a North American based contract manufacturer and assembler of medical devices and sub-components. We help clients deliver successful products by providing scaled production, design-for-manufacturing expertise, supplier consolidation and other critical value chain services.
We are seeking an eager and experienced Technical Writer to join our growing team. The role will report to the Engineering Manager and work with the Engineering Team to deliver the technical documentation in support of product and/or process development projects as well as day to day sustaining project including document updates, incorporating reviewer inputs, re-writing of existing material and updating of new documentation. This is a full time position, Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct all documentation activities in compliance with Sterling Industries quality practices and procedures
- Complies with the Health and Safety policies of the company and informs Management of unsafe working conditions
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of company product lines and document structure
- Interpret and support compliance to industry-specific technical standards
- Contributes to project level planning and conducts independent work planning
- Develop expertise in one or more technical writing process, business process, or documentation type
- In collaboration with SMEs, gather technical information as required and/or independently research available engineering information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications
- Responsible for timeous editing of technical content in support of product and/or process development projects including document updates, incorporating reviewer inputs, re-writing of existing material and updating of new documentation
- Document activities may include but are not limited to the fields of design, process, production, maintenance and regulatory affairs
- Work cross-functionally with all business units/SMEs for technical review of documentation
- Understand quality change procedures and contribute/draft associated documentation
- Route documents through Unipoint/Sage 500
- Adheres to all company and quality policies and procedures
- A technical degree and/or technical writing certification OR an equivalent of education and experience
- Demonstrate competence as a Technical Writer
- Experience in an ISO13485 environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work flexibly and thrive in a fast-changing environment
- Willingness to take on new challenges and solve problems with minimal direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and as well as to lead independent contributions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines and project objectives
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
J. Sterling Industries is an equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.