Due to growth Sterling Industries seeks to add a Quality Inspector responsible for daily coordination of inspection requirements, including accurate and effective documentation completion as required by the company quality management system.
- Directly responsible for the daily inspection, measurement, test, and approval of all components, product, process and use of quality metrics to ensure quality targets are met.
- Accurate, timely measurement of dimensional requirements and confirmation of material specification documentation to print.
- Team contributor to ensure timely coordination of the quality management system.
- Daily use of quality management system software and SPC systems.
- Responsible for the calibration and service of all inspection gaging.
- Team member for corrective actions with the quality team.
- Communicate and coordinate with administrative, operations, quality, and engineering departments.
- Support engineers and managers with customer and supplier issues.
- Conduct Product and Process Audits.
- Work with quality, engineering, and production to update gage instructions, quality control procedures and work instructions.
- Team member for continuous improvement activity for current quality and production processes.
- Must have previous experience with quality inspection tools (hand gages, optical comparators, CMM, etc)
- Must have previous experience or knowledge of quality systems, procedures, and forms
- College degree preferred, with technical focus
- High volume workload requires conscientious attitude with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in with Microsoft office (outlook, excel, word, power point)
- Good communication skills (oral, written, technical)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Customer focus and continuous improvement approach.
- Experience with machining, fabrication, and assembly operations a plus
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- lift minimum 50 pounds
Full time employees are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health care through Priority Health
- $1,000 deductible plan,
- $4,500 deductible plan
- Dental through Delta Dental
- Vision through Eyemed
- Long term disability and $20k life insurance through Mutual of Omaha
- 401K (90 days)
- 1:1 match up to 5% of annual income
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Goes to 3 weeks after 5 years
- Goes to 4 weeks after 10 years